Spay and neuter surgeries through the SAAC Voucher Program are done at participating veterinary clinics for a small co-payment of $10 per cat and $15 per dog.
Eligibility varies depending on our funding. Please read this page carefully to determine if you are eligible for the SAAC Voucher Program.
Current Eligibility Requirements
We are issuing vouchers to residents of the following areas:
- Citrus Heights - CATS ONLY
- Unincorporated Sacramento County
(including Galt and Isleton) - DOGS AND CATS
To determine if you live in unincorporated Sacramento County, visit the Sacramento County Assessor's website and enter the address for your place of residence.
- West Sacramento - DOGS ONLY
Current Proof of Income Requirements
Proof of income requirements vary due to our funding sources. Please read the following information carefully.
- Citrus Heights: Dog owners MUST provide proof that they receive public assistance and/or have an annual household income of $35,000 or less. Cat owners do not have to provide proof of income.
Unincorporated Sacramento County: Residents applying for cats, pit bulls, or pit bull mixes DO NOT need to meet an income requirement. Residents applying for dogs other than pit bulls/pit mixes MUST provide proof that they receive public assistance or have an annual household income of $35,000 or less.
- West Sacramento: All applicants MUST provide proof that they receive public assistance or have an annual household income of $35,000 or less.
If You Don’t Qualify
City of Sacramento residents: Call (916) 808-7383 or visit saccitypets.blogspot.com
All other residents: Please view our list of other low-cost spay/neuter programs in the Sacramento region.
How the Program Works
- Complete our online application
- Submit proof of public assistance or income via fax or email, if required
- Upon receipt of your vouchers via U.S. mail, read the instructions carefully and make an appointment with a participating veterinary clinic (list will be provided)
- Bring your voucher and co-payment to your appointment
- Use vouchers within 30 days to avoid expiration
- After the surgery, email SAAC a photo of your pet and explain how the program helped you. This helps us raise funds to continue the program!