SAAC Voucher Program Proof of Income
Applicants for the Sacramento Area Animal Coalition (SAAC) Voucher Program may be required to submit proof that they receive public assistance or have an annual household income of $35,000 or less.
We accept the following forms of documentation:
- Prior year tax return (Federal 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ) that shows taxable household income of $35,000 or less
- Notice of Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or bank statement showing deposit labeled “supp sec”
- Notice of Action (or other official notification) from Sacramento or Yolo County regarding enrollment in one of the following programs (dated within 6 months) *
- CalFresh (formerly Food Stamps)
- General Relief/General Assistance
- Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- Proof of Section 8 housing, e.g. Yolo Housing Authority (dated within 6 months)
- Current PG&E bill showing the CARE discount rate
- Current SMUD bill showing Energy Assistance Program Rate (EAPR)
- Reduced school lunch statement/letter
- Statement of Veterans Benefits (VA Pension or Assistance for Homeless Veterans only)
- Paystub showing client works in the IHSS Program (In Home Support Services)
- Recent paystubs (within last two months) and/or unemployment benefits statements for ALL working adults in the household
- Social security or disability statement if only source of income
Proof of income can be submitted via:
Fax: (916) 473-5827
Regular mail: P.O. Box 161043, Sacramento, CA 95816
Using email or fax will expedite the process. Vouchers may take up to a week to be issued once proof of income is received.
* Copies or scans of ID cards are not acceptable. We must receive the Notice of Action, which is mailed to recipients any time benefits are approved or changed. If you don’t have a Notice of Action you can request one from your local social services agency or online at www.mybenefitscalwin.org.